We've been assisting business owners in the financial sector for almost 30 years, ranging from closely held corporations and limited liability companies, to operating subsidiaries for new divisions of existing corporations, to emerging growth companies destined for an IPO.
The financial services industry continues to undergo unprecedented change and uncertainty. The aftermath of the financial crisis and recent technological advances have completely re-written the regulatory landscape and fundamentally reshaped the business model for the industry. Effective and innovative responses to this new environment are critical to our clients’ ability to remain competitive and execute on their core strategies.
We serve financial institutions, mortgage brokers, and holding companies of many types; ranging in asset size from small businesses to several million dollar entities. Whether it’s day-to-day corporate operations or structuring and closing complex loans and transactions, we provide practical advice and innovative solutions that meet our clients’ overall business objectives.
We provide strategic advice to the financial services sector across a broad spectrum of clients:
- Banking: banks and bank holding companies, finance companies, mortgage lenders, servicers, thrifts, asset managers, special purpose entities, and structured finance originators
- Securities and Capital Markets: investment banks, financial advisers, underwriters, trustees, placement agents, and acquirers in financial institution-related transactions
- Asset and Investment Management: private equity funds, private investors, pension funds, mutual funds, and real estate investment trusts (“REITs”)
- Insurance: insurance recovery for policyholders
How We Can Help
Wright Law has extensive experience advising financial services clients on a wide range of legal and regulatory issues and risks as well as crucial, strategic transactions. We are actively advising clients on the Consumer Protection Act, general business strategies, and mortgage banking compliance, to name a few areas.
Our broad range of work includes:
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Mergers and acquisitions of various companies
- Divestitures and conversions
- Sale, acquisition, and servicing of loan portfolios, including negotiation, structuring, and evaluation of agreements to acquire various types of asset portfolios
Finance and Capital Markets
- Commercial loan transactions
- Private placements
- Real estate lending, including Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae
- Structuring and documenting consumer credit products and services
- Bank Secrecy Act compliance
- Mortgage Banking litigation
- Commercial Business litigation
- Breach of Fiduciary Duty
- Bankruptcy Trustee Litigation
- Challenges to conveyances in: fraud of creditors, lien priority, and contract disputes; creditors’ rights; environmental issues; white collar defense and investigations
Bankruptcy and Restructuring
- Creditors’ committee representations
- Chapter 11 organization and out-of-court restructurings
- Secured lenders and select creditors representations
- Subprime lending matters
- Distressed investments and Section 363 asset sale transactions
- Corporate governance
- Fiduciary duties and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
- Crisis management
What Sets Us Apart
Rest assured that we share a common goal: creating certainty for your business and business relationships. Based on our experience with all sizes of organizations – ranging from start- ups to multinational corporations – and structures such as sole proprietorships and joint ventures, you find in us the right partner to help you plan for the unexpected.
As a client you can further benefit from our association with other lawyers and law firms, should the need for legal advice on a global scale arise.
Being a small, full service law firm located in the Phoenix metropolitan area allows us to offer accessible, efficient and responsive legal counsel. Leveraging a uniquely Southwest approach, we strive to make the complex simple and to communicate clearly. We speak your language.